This “Windows 7 installation tutorial – step by step” will show you how to install Windows 7 and get your system updated.
1. Turn your computer on then press Del or F2 or F12 (depend on your computer’s mainboard) to enter the system BIOS and chose BOOT FROM CD/DVD, save the configuration and exit BIOS.
2. Insert Windows 7 DVD into your DVD drive then start up your computer, Windows 7 will be loading files.
3. Select these parts: Language to Install,Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method. Then click Next.
4. Choose Install Now if you want to install Windows 7.
5. Click ‘I accept the license terms’ in ‘Please read the license’ then click Next.
6. Choose ‘Upgrade’ in ‘Which type of installation do you want’ if you want to upgrade from an older Windows version to Windows 7, ‘Custom (advance)’ if you want to install a new version of Windows. In this tutorial I chose Custom installation.
7. Create several partitions by clicking the New button and entering a size for each partition.When you’re finished select the partition you want to install Windows to and click the Next button. Windows will install to that partition. The space on the other partition will be available as its own separate drive letter in Windows. In this tutorial I chose to use entire hard disk without other partition’s but my recommendation is to create two partition’s:
– Windows partition (c:) size: 70 – 100 GB.
– Back up partition (D:) size: depending upon the free space of your hard disk that left.
8. Select the partition you want to install Windows to and click the Next button.
9. Wait for Installing Windows to progress. Your computer might be restarted during the process.
Depending on your hardware, this can take some time (15 – 40 min).
10. Type you’re a user account and computer name. After click Next.
11. Type a password for your account, you can also type a password hint to help in case of forgetting the password in the future, and click Next.
12. Type in activation code or key for your license in Product key box if you have any. Click Next.
13. Choose how to protect your Windows. Here we choose Use recommended settings.
14. Set up your Time zone and click Next.
15. Choose an option from 3 choices: Public Network, Work Network, Home Network. Choose Home Network for using Internet at home.
16. You should already have a CD/DVD’s with driver’s that came with the computer/laptop, or with the mainboard/graphic card and other hardware in your PC so insert it in DVD drive and run all driver installation’s.
17. Now we are going to update OS. Click “Start” button in left corner + All programs
18. Click Windows Update
19. Click Check for updates
20. Click Install updates
21. And that’s it 🙂 After all updates been installed you need to restart pc and Windows installation is finished.